Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Dedication

Devotion and Dedication

Ps.119:10 With my whole heart have I sought Thee; O let me not wander from Thy commandments!

This is the final post on loving God before we move on to loving others.  When you love someone, you are devoted to them. If they are sick, you are feeling sick for them etc. True love creates devotion and a dedication to a person.
Devotion to God goes deep. It means that we should constantly be thinking about him trying to please him. We must be glued to God inseparable.

Of course, this does not come over night. We must pursue God to be dedicated to him. We must work on it always. Because we are at a point of affection for God one minute, doesn’t mean we will be the next day. I mean even in a relationship, your level of affection fluctuate day to day. Christianity is an up-hill walk.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! This was very encouraging! =) Sometimes I need to be reminded that I love God more than anyone else, and that being with God will be infinitely better than being with anyone else... even if I can't imagine it. :-)

    ReplyDelete