Thursday, January 30, 2014

Escape

Okay here comes another one of my sermons designed just for you. 
Escaping the world
All ways we seek to escape the meanness in the world but it never works. Let me tell you something. By yourself, whatever you do you can’t drown your worries permanently. Temporary escape only make them worth because you don’t deal with them until they get so large, you get depressed.
But God is here to deliver you only we have a problem. Do you really know how to fully trust God? God is not the God to get you out of depression just like that. Here is a checklist to see if you really are devoted to God getting you out of the hole you are in.
I spend at least 15 minutes a day in pray.
Praying is important. Just talk to God about how you are feeling and ask him for his help.
I spend at least 15 minutes doing my devotion.
Devotions are often pressed down to as fast as we can do them to get on with our life. Pay attention and really learn.
I spend at least 15 just reading the Bible.
This helps with your general knowledge of the Bible.
I ask God to help me submit to him every day.
Paul said, “I die daily.”  This is coming from a man who gave his whole life to God and was persecuted beyond belief. Yet he still died daily to himself. We are the biggest problems of ourselves. Our own body is drawn away of our own lust.(James) Only God can save us from ourselves because we tend to focus on ourselves. Jesus, other, you is the way to live life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment