Thursday, January 9, 2014

Intro

Jake Asmah here with his first blog entry. This blog is going to be slightly educational but hold on don’t leave me yet, I said slightly educational. But first we should start off with an autobiography of me and some about my parents. I will start with my dad and hang tight, this is one interesting story.
My Dad grew up in Ghana where we currently are as missionaries. He grew up Catholic and intended on becoming a priest but later on he flew to Nigeria and got a visa to go to Trinidad and Tobago. My dad, John Morrison Asmah, went with two other Ghanaian. Eventually my dad and one of the Ghanaians went to South America where they landed a job in Argentina.
Later on someone invited my dad to a Word of life soccer rally in Argentina and there he accepted Christ. After that he tried to fly to Canada, but the person who was going to buy the ticket for him stole his money and ran. Thus he decided to sign up for the Word of Life Bible Institute where, in his third year he met my mom who was visiting with her brother, who was currently in the Bible school. Eventually, he asked my mother to marry him and go back to Ghana with him, and she accepted.  They were married in Bonaire and lived there for some time.
Now to my mother’s story. My mother, Mrs. Marylyn Asmah, was born as Marylyn Paula on the island of Curacao which is just next to Bonaire. She grew up in Bonaire which also is part of Netherlands. She had some Catholic background for the earlier part of her life but her families eventually started going to Prince de Pas, our home church obviously a Baptist church.  She was a teacher till she went to the World of Life Bible institute.
Now we switch back to their married life. My brother was born on June 3, 1997 and I follow him about 2 years later on August 15, 1999. Awhile after my birth we moved to New York for Missionary training. There we stayed for about two year till we moved to Ghana in 2003. Every three years we go back to America and Bonaire for Furlough. Currently I am 14 years old and we are living in Dodowa after moving to times, once in 2005 and the other time just this year.

Ghana is relatively up-to-date. We have several shopping malls, KFC, and an Apple Store. Accra is the current capital though they want to move it to Dodowa soon.  Only one internet service provides internet out here though. 
Tomorrow I will have the next section out and I hope to do one a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment