Saturday, February 22, 2014

Assuring Assurance

Assurance of Salvation
Once saved, always saved. A lot of people aren’t sure of it. But let me tell you, if we could lose our salvation, we would back with the Jews and the law. The law has no effect on us anymore.
 Galatians 2:19-21For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me. And the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God; for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”
If we were able to lose our salvation, Christ’s sacrifice would be incomplete. Christ fulfilled and completed the law, ending sacrifice. Now, by the law sin is imputed. As I said in an earlier post, your conscience is the law of Gentiles. So basically, without the law, there is no sin imputed to us, thereby, we cannot lose our salvation. So, in essence, as long as you have trusted Christ as your savior you can sin all you want. Of course, James has a lot to say about that, and naturally as a true Christian through the Holy Spirit, we want to do good and please God.
Anyway, nothing can separate us from God.
Romans 8:33-39
Who shall lay anything to the charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ who died, yea rather, who is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: “For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No one can charge of us of anything, for only God justifies. If God justifies, what can destroy it? Or do you lack faith in God’s power?

No comments:

Post a Comment